Saturday, February 7, 2009

nj: salvation from ny

I AM SO GLAD I AM NOT IN NY RIGHT NOW. too much at a time literally drives me insane, especially when it's violently cold out and i can barely gather the energy to walk from 14th to campus more than once a day. jack kerouac-- new york gets god awful cold in the winter, TRUE, but there is a wacky comeradship somewhere in the streetz, FALSE. so false i want to vomit. it actually makes people harder, which at first seems impossible, harder and more depressed. sux for you all who are there right now. i really do feel your pain, and i am sorry.. jersey pride 4e

sitting on the couch, just watched the end of pearl harbor, what a sad stupid GOOD movie. i didn't time anything on my commute back (i never do) so i missed the 6:35 by about three seconds and had to wait at hoboken until the 7:15. not a bad thing-- actually the highlight of my day. i love train stations. plus i bought the best cup of coffee i have had in a while. for a dollar, from a cool indian girl who complimented me on what she thought was my scarf but was actually my hair. i don't know how she confused the two but whatever. it was a nice compliment and i took it. i wasn't wearing a scarf, and the coffee was amazing. 

two weeks of (barely) functioning on idle mode caught up with me yesterday when 1) i got raped in the face with notices about study abroad deadlines and 2) the first form for housing lottery was e-mailed and i realized i have to think about where i'm living next year. how fun and burdensome and as if i don't already have 89 things on my mind. ty nyu, again, for being great. i don't think i can afford to spend an entire semester abroad, i don't have that kind of time if i want to double major/double degree... wait how am i already halfway done with college..??? let me just ignore that until later like i do with all of my problems. but yes. i'd just feel useless if i graduated from this grimy place with nothing but a BFA. sOoo looks like i'm doing a summer abroad instead of a semester! which works out i guess, but if i decide to go abroad this summer, i might have to postpone my ideal Bonnaroo-roadtrip plans until next year. fucking a. why can't i do exactly what i want all the goddamned time? why has everything got to be so meaaan? firenze, here i come, maybe in a few months or maybe next summer, ......maybe maybe baby baby. decision to come... somewhere in the vague future.

last night i got high and rewatched i'm not there and ate blue chips. that film is so good it makes me angry because i know 80% of the people who watched it had no clue what was going on because they have not taught themselves everything there is to know about the man involved. WHAT I THINK ... what i think is that everybody should know everything about bob dylan, he should be taught in high school. the world would be better and cleaner and prettier and people wouldn't suck as much. blah. my frivolous entry ends here.

oh yeah, and i'm sure you know the dire straits song romeo and juliet, but have you ever seen the cracked out video that supplements it? holy crap. prime 80's insanity attached to this link. click there, watch it, feel weird. nice aside, that song makes me cry with or without the video. right. now i'm going ta sleep in my nice full-sized beautiful faithful bed. and i will wake up and eat a bagel. na na na peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment